Thread: New member

1978 Rogers
    Just wanted to say hello. I've been reading posts and getting helpfull information. I've learned quite a bit. Wanted to say thanks.
    I've got a 1978 Rogers. Bought is three years ago. I think it's a Bonneville from picturs Cyclones posted of his. Mine has a mild 460, no idea of hp. It has a JG pump. I friend & I had it to 63 mph on a hand held GPS. No diverter or droop yet. Hopefully the the end of summer I'll add them. Here are a couple of pictures. These were taken at the start of last year at Lake Washington. It's a lot of fun. I enjoy taking it out as much as possible.
    Chris

1978 Rogers
    Here's a picture of the engine.

HotHallet
    clean boat man! welcome to the madness!

1978 Rogers
    Thank you. I'm very proud of it. My wife enjoys it too, which is helpful.

victorfb
    welcome aboard and be careful, i swear i think i need to attend meetings with my addiction now.
    nice looking boat and glad you and your fam are enjoying it. im especially glad to see another rogers make it out of seclusion. and yes it is a bonneville. looks to be an 18'
    anytime i hear another old jet boat make it back on the water i get a smile on my face.

MudPumper
    Welcome to the boards, good looking boat. You guys must be die hard boating in the rain!!! I like it.

cyclone
    "she's a beaut, clark!"
    welcome!

1978 Rogers
    The rain isn't to bad. What really sucks is having the frost plugs (soft plugs) pop out of the block because theres was water trapped block caused by sand clogging my pep cocks to drain the block in the winter. All three on the drive sice popped out this past winter. I had ice sticking out the holes also. No damage was done to the block. Or I should say I have no water in my oil and wate doesn't leak while running. Freezing weather isn't a common problem in CA, AZ or down south, but it can sure cause problems in the North.