Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Danger in exposure to the sun

Dr. Eagle
    Just imagine what it does to the lining of your stomach!!!!

Kilrtoy
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    Just imagine what it does to the lining of your stomach!!!!
    Forget the stomach, what about the exit......

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    Forget the stomach, what about the exit......
    Don't worry about that, it already has a hole in it!
    RTJas

Misogynist
    I'm one of those poor fair skinned easily burn types... I have actinic kerotosis removed from my face on a regular basis (scaly red spots).. and have a scar the size of a quarter on my right shoulder where basal cell carcinoma was removed.. I probably now need the same thing done on the other shoulder.... I was never a "sun worshipper"... but my face really got burned to a crisp many times skiing. I used to ski 30 days a year. My dermatologist lectures me all the time about sun screen... I have to remind her that the damage I have was caused years before there was such a thing as "sun screen".

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    What does mellinoma look like
    If you mean melanoma:
    http://www.secpre.org/intervenciones...a/melanoma.gif

Misogynist
    This is what basal cell carcinoma looks like... it is easily removed and doesn't spread like melanoma...

Boozer
    Originally posted by Misogynist
    This is what basal cell carcinoma looks like... it is easily removed and doesn't spread like melanoma...
    For some reason this computer wont let me copy and paste. So I cant post the image but if you go into the imagew center and search under boozer you can see what the aftermath of skin cancer looks like. I have a pretty wicked scar from the skin cancer. The shit sucks.
    I guess what it comes down to is whats imporatant and whats not. Personally I love the water and I love to go out on my boat. I love that more then anything. If that means i get skin cancer and die, then I get skin cancer and die. I'd rather do what I love and die as a result then live a life of denying my love in fear of having to go to the doc and get cut up.
    So whats it worth to you?

canuck1
    Why the dark shirt?

Debbolas
    Ok, none of my moles look like that...........
    Remember when we were kids and our parents never put sunscreen on us? Just noxema after we were burned....LOL, guess they didn't know. I am 1/4 Greek, so I think I am ok. My dad is southern and very fair skin and has had several moles removed. We are a very moley family. My Big Daddy had a big ole "cow" mole on his face. He was a sweet man.....
    Sorry soooooooo off topic.
    Everyone check your moles and wear sunscreen.
    Bullfrog is my favorite!

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by Misogynist
    This is what basal cell carcinoma looks like... it is easily removed and doesn't spread like melanoma... http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...&postid=781181

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast