Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Danger in exposure to the sun

topless

JetBoatRich
    good to hear it was found in time
    My sister is a survivor as well. Last week at the lake a lot of people asked her why she stayed in the shade and lots to be so white:eek!: she told them don't worry about her, they had no clue

MsDrmr
    luvmyboat has had four removed and it appears that he will have more removed. He has had three on his ear, one on is shoulder, and it looks like he needs to do another on his back, and ear area. I tell him all the time to use sunblock and he says "I want to be dark!!!! I don't think it's worth it.

SB
    I have had solar keratosis burned off and frozen off. Now I put Efudex cream on my face once per week to kill incipient cancer cells. Get a rashguard type Lycra shirt and wear it always (I make my kids wear them too). Get the SPF 50 lotion with zinc oxide in it. This is a physical barrier to UV rays. Don't be satisfied with regular sunscreen which has only a chemical barrier to some rays but lets in others.

Lightning
    I have been pretty diligent about sunscreen after a buddy of mine had 2/3's of his lower lip cut off due to melenoma. Lube up with the sunscreen - it's cool to be pale.

Mohavekid
    As a kid and you adult, we never knew about the dangers of the sun and I've had hundreds of sunburns between river trips in summer and ski trips to Mammoth in the winter.
    My wife has nagged me for years to put on lotion, I always told her I was fine. Well, I guess I was wrong. I will now be wearing a shirt, hat and lots of lotion religiously.
    The 1/2 inch chuck the took out last week is bad enough, next week they are taking out another 1/2 inch all around just to make sure they got it all.
    Timing is bad too, I was supposed to got to Cottonwood for a week on Saturday. The kids are bummed.

ahhell
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    What does mellinoma look like
    A = Asymmetry: melanoma lesions are typically asymmetrical, whereas benign moles are typically round and symmetrical.
    B = Border: melanoma lesions frequently have uneven or irregular borders (ie, ragged or notched edges), whereas benign moles have smooth, even borders.
    C = Color: melanoma lesions often contain multiple shades of brown or black, whereas benign moles are usually a single shade of brown.
    D = Diameter: early melanoma lesions are often more than 6 mm in diameter, whereas benign moles are usually less than 6 mm in diameter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123