Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RPM's????????????

MAINEVENT
    I have a bbc with dual carb high rise manifold stock 454 forgot the cam specs and compression but the guy who built said top rpms was high 5k or if not 6k i maxxed out WOT 4750 WTF i dont get my impellar is a "ab cut impellar"
    i am lost

dmontzsta
    RPM????????????????
    Sounds like the guy stretched the truth about the "RPM".
    How long have you owned the boat?

canuck1
    Originally posted by MAINEVENT
    I have a bbc with dual carb high rise manifold stock 454 forgot the cam specs and compression but the guy who built said top rpms was high 5k or if not 6k i maxxed out WOT 4750 WTF i dont get my impellar is a "ab cut impellar"
    i am lost
    Stock 454
    dual carbs
    Unknown cam
    400 horses maybe = 4750 with AB imp

MAINEVENT
    Thanks guys i have owned the boat a year but first time out it blew along with the pump complete rebuilt on everything pump done by Jack over at MPD (very happy with his service ) and the motor i went to this J-O Ace Motor Co. in santa paula hey promised a 462 for about $2300 for a short block plus R+R when it came down to it he wanted another grand so he said i can build you a stock 454 that will run close to 550hp and 6k rpm i should have known would a new cam make a difference?????
    MAIN(I REALLY WANT TO KICK THAT GUYS ASS)EVENT

MudPumper
    I'm turning 5100rpm A/B imp 500hp

HBjet
    I was turning 5100-5150rpm with a B impeller. Stock 454 .030 over, a little better cam, dual Holley 450's on a Weiand tunnel ram, and stock 990 heads.
    Pump also done at MPD.
    HBjet

LVjetboy
    MainEvent,
    First know (and state) your impeller mfg. Makes a difference. For example, a Berkeley A/B not the same as an Agressor A/B...or a Legend. Then know your true impeller cut...have you verified A/B cut? Then realize engine builders typically quote calibrated power and NOT lake power. Lake power is what turns an impeller. Most of us don't boat at calibrated conditions. Finally, engine builders may quote max hp or valve float rpm not what your engine-impeller combo at lake conditions will turn.
    BTW, Berkeley A/B at 4750 rpm = 313 hp.
    jer

MAINEVENT
    Originally posted by HBjet
    I was turning 5100-5150rpm with a B impeller. Stock 454 .030 over, a little better cam, dual Holley 450's on a Weiand tunnel ram, and stock 990 heads.
    Pump also done at MPD.
    HBjet
    Hey HB i saw you at MPD when i was picking up my jet you were stripping your getting ready for paint you were talking to my wife... How are you doing ????

MAINEVENT
    Originally posted by LVjetboy
    MainEvent,
    First know (and state) your impeller mfg. Makes a difference. For example, a Berkeley A/B not the same as an Agressor A/B...or a Legend. Then know your true impeller cut...have you verified A/B cut? Then realize engine builders typically quote calibrated power and NOT lake power. Lake power is what turns an impeller. Most of us don't boat at calibrated conditions. Finally, engine builders may quote max hp or valve float rpm not what your engine-impeller combo at lake conditions will turn.
    BTW, Berkeley A/B at 4750 rpm = 313 hp.
    jer
    Soory it is a Dominator A/B impellar

JET-O-VATOR
    mainevent i may be way off with this but it is what i found this weekend with my brendella... my rideplate was set downward so i had wat to much boat in the water even with the jet-o-vator up.. i didnt even know any better and squirtin thunder had stopped by and was whatching me make a pass and noticed it so we started playing with it and pulled the boat way out of the water.... before i could not pull more than 4200 rpm and after we did that i could pull 5000 rpm so go fiqure and thats with an a impeller......and i noticed the difference right away, every adjustment we made it kept getting better....so ya i dont know what your boat has but mine has 12-jg-a, back cut shoe (so im told) and a ride plate.
    daniel

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast