Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RPM's????????????

Cheap Thrills
    Originally posted by Squirtin Thunder
    Floored,
    The gosh darn boat is stuck to the water like glue
    you mean like this ?
    ...///water buffalo\\\... (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...27IMAG0020.JPG)
    this is at 4,500 rpm on an A cut berkeley with a SBC I 've found a few hull deformities that needed some attention that may be causing it . if youve changed the ride plate angle & diverter angle and youre still glued to the water I would almost bet theres either too much weight in the bow
    (Maybe even waterlogged floor flotation if it has any)
    maybe the loader /grate/ pump hardware dragging.
    or theres some hook in the hull.
    C.T. :wink:

Squirtin Thunder
    Cheep thrills,
    Hell yes stuck like super glue.
    I am betting on the back cut shoe.
    I did ask Jet-O-Vader to check the floatation in the bow for water, I have a feeling it was totally set up wrong. And looking at the floor which has weather cracks in it. I do not say there is no water in the boat somewhere.
    Jim
    BTW this is too tight to go fast.

LVjetboy
    Herc posted: "I think you got somone confused."
    You're right. I meant, "how much lake power does your 455 put out JET-O-VATOR?"
    My comment directed at Jet-o-vater's post on his experience with rpm change and 5k rpms. Your follow-up post seemed to credit his gain to a formerly overloaded pump drag'n down rpms...so I connected the two. But I have little knowledge in this just opinions.
    Thunder, copy performance gain from timing not setup. That's a bit different from Jet-o-vators post on ride plate angle? Who's to know? Dan what do you think? I have little knowledge, but I post my thoughts on rpm change vs setup anyway.
    jer

Unchained
    Originally posted by Squirtin Thunder
    Floored,
    This is not my boat it is Jet-O-Vaders, The gosh darn boat is stuck to the water like glue
    Thanks
    Jim
    I made this piece for my boat to give more hull lift without more shoe and to contain intake reversion on shutdown.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0Duct3-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0Duct1-med.jpg
    Ok, I know the bolt heads are ugly, I didn't put flat heads in yet.
    I've run it for several weeks now and it has exceeded my expectations.
    I picked up about 3 MPH at cruising speed as compared to engine RPM from what I had before. 3500 rpm = 45 mph
    I also seems to keep the pump loaded going over rollers that would have had it sucking air before.
    Still testing.
    Mark

Thunder, copy performance gain from timing not setup. That's a bit different from Jet-o-vators post on ride plate angle? Who's to know? Dan what do you think? I have little knowledge, but I post my thoughts on rpm change vs setup anyway.
    That makes more sense.

LVjetboy
    Superdave's not gonna like those bolt heads
    Wow! Good to see new ideas out there. I think we need more innovaters like you...let us know how it goes.
    jer

Originally posted by LVjetboy
    Superdave's not gonna like those bolt heads
    Wow! Good to see new ideas out there. I think we need more innovaters like you...let us know how it goes.
    jer
    I believe those were my exact words to Mark when he emailed those pics to me a few weeks back.

JET-O-VATOR
    NOW DONT I FEEL STUPID AS HELL I HAD FORGOTTEN THAT HE PLAYED WITH THE TIMMING.. BUT ANYWAYS IM STILL LEARNING ABOUT ALL OF THIS SH!T BUT I LEARNED ALOT OVER THE FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND FROM JIM AND EVERY DAY ON THIS BOARD I LEARN MORE AND MORE..... OK A LITTLE MORE INFO ITS A 455 OLDS WITH RV cam 9:1 compression torker intake HEI ignition holley 750 vac secondaries. and squirtcha when i come off of the throttle it just glides along it doesnt try to throw me out of the boat or anything like that....

pops1
    Originally posted by LVjetboy
    MainEvent,
    First know (and state) your impeller mfg. Makes a difference. For example, a Berkeley A/B not the same as an Agressor A/B...or a Legend. Then know your true impeller cut...have you verified A/B cut? Then realize engine builders typically quote calibrated power and NOT lake power. Lake power is what turns an impeller. Most of us don't boat at calibrated conditions. Finally, engine builders may quote max hp or valve float rpm not what your engine-impeller combo at lake conditions will turn.
    BTW, Berkeley A/B at 4750 rpm = 313 hp.
    jer Great Point- A/T Imp./legend/Dominator/
    A/B Cut based on above 4750 sounds right on- Aggressor should hit @ 4400-4450
    I think H.B.s Horse Power was up on his 5100 over the other stated boat, thats why he is was getting the 5100- on his Legend.

Lightning
    Originally posted by BrendellaJet
    Lightning, it depends on what impeller you have.
    It's an A impeller in a dominator 12S

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast