Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RPM's????????????

BrendellaJet
    JETOVATOR/Squirtin Thunder-
    Check the hull for some hook. Mine had it and has spent its life on a nice trailer. Both sides have nearly the same hook. When I had the hull blueprinted, we left it in there because Ill have the power to get through it.
    Where to look. Check the outside strakes(theres only two sets on your hull). Inboard of that on both sides on my hull were laser straight. The strakes had a little hook in them though. That could be your problem.
    The back cut shoe will help your boat. But it depends on the combination. Each boat is different. A performance minded boater with plenty of power is going to be able to use the back cut shoe. with the level of power you are currently making, you may not notice any changes.
    To me it sounds as though the pump is cavitating. Makes sense, especially with all the ride plate adjustments. That thing was probably plowing through the water before, and now that you get it to air out a little, you may have uncovered another problem-perhaps your impeller clearances need to be checked?

pops1
    Originally posted by Unchained
    I made this piece for my boat to give more hull lift without more shoe and to contain intake reversion on shutdown.
    Still testing.
    Mark Mark good show- you will find height and configuration setting can also play a part in your test. Watch out for dead setting in big chop/ transom lift is changed on wave action as the transom will respond slower to waves. Dave-

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345