Thread: severe porpoising with any prop

jwbbuck
    I've tried 3 and 4 blade props of various pitches on my 23 Warlock with a 530 HP/502 Chevy, Bravo and short Bob's nosecone. I get severe, continuous porpoising with anything other than neutral trim position with every prop I've tried. I can drag the tabs and it only helps a little. What should I try next?

Havasu Hangin'
    Cat or V?

gnarley
    Chopper or Cleaver?

jwbbuck
    It's a V-bottom. No steps. I've tried 25" 3-blade Mirage Plus, 27 Hydromotive 4 blade and a 26 Bravo 4-blade. All caused about the same, severe amount of porpoising. I've run the boat with full load and empty and the results are the same.

BLOWN HOWARD
    Hey John I take it you got the prop how did it do with it on there? Do you wanna sell the other props you have let me know what you got.

jwbbuck
    Blown Howard,
    The 25 Mirage Plus seems to work well. It only has slightly less midrange speed than the 27 Hydrmotive I was using. I can't check out anything over 4500RPM because the boat is porpoising so badly, I get scared. I'll check for hook in the bottom again, but then I may get rid of the 2" short nosecone and go back to stock.
    I borrowed every other prop I've tried, so I don't have any for sale.
    Buck

BLOWN HOWARD
    Hey glad to hear it worked out for you hope you can get the porpoising out of it. Did you say you have a 2" lower on your drive if so that might be your problem