Thread: jetovator info

hellbound
    Does anyone have some close up pics and or a diagram of the cable assembly,to help me with a installation ?

EliminatorJet
    hb where are you getting stuck? The end of the jetovator cable should be held on a with a nut going through the transom adapter, and the tube that the steering cable goes through should have that white clamp around it, with the end of the jetovator cable sleeve fastened to it on the side. I dont have any pics from inside the boat but here's a pic of it before I took it off -
    http://home.earthlink.net/~agentx85239/jetovatorpic.jpg
    Probably the most confusing post ever and the ugliest bowl pic but hope it helps

Brian Ray
    Here's a link to a diagram that might help....
    http://www.cpperformance.com/product...Drives/255.htm
    -Brian

hellbound
    anyone have a pic of the inside?so the shaft and everything moves through the transome?is the end of the cable attached to the transome? which in turn moves the cable housing which is attached to the shaft.how strong is that spring and how long?

Rampager
    I got mine used. I simple drilled a small hole above the exit hole for the steering and attached the end of the diverter cable there with a double nut inside and a nylock nut on the outside. Unfortunatly mine was missing the seal/bearing which takes up the slack of the steering tube and prevents leaks. Thats what the spring pushes on I assume. It doesn't leak bad without it, if you have an auto bilge its ok. Mine doesn't sit below waterline anyway. (the seal is about $100 us I think)
    Sorry I don't have any pics but can answer q's about how it works etc. if that will help
    Cheers

JET-O-VATOR
    ill post some pics of mine on monday its extremely easy it took me a little figuring out once i got mine but once i started looking at it it made perfect sence but i will post some pics for ya...

hellbound
    thanks for your help guys,i think the only thing im missing is the spring i guess ill drill a hole in my transom adapter for the end of the cable.do you guys have a wedge in your system?

hellbound
    Do they make different length tubes?I need a couple inches taken off the one i have.Thats not the hard part but im having truble finding someone with that size of die 7/8 14t fine.So my quest continues.Id much rather be at the lake.