Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should I return these pistons?

Flip
    Got my rebuild kit today. The pistons are Speed-Pro forged but if you look at the beveled edge of the dish, you can see an unmachined area. Won't this create a hot spot?
    http://www.blazerclub.com/pics/piston.jpg

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    send em' back! If something goes wrong then you will kick yourself for it. Plus it put a little relief on your nerve system

W.O.T
    wow thats kinda weird, definitley questionable. send them back. that one must have slipped through quality inspection.

RCB19
    Send um back and have them send you a set with a little more dome action... :skull:

IMPATIENT 1
    Send um back and have them send you a set with a little more dome action... :skull:
    yeah man! what's up with the dish pistons?runnin a blower or something?i run the .400 dome forged speed pros and have had nothing but luck with em.ran em all last season,pulled em out for inspection this season,they all looked new. yours got by inspection process.send em back and get some flat tops.

Flip
    OK, I'm gonna call Summit today and have them send another set. I think I got a Friday or Monday set. This piston wasn't the only one with defects. As far as the dish goes, I was just looking to rebuild something close to stock. This is very much a mild build for a lake/ski boat. Need to run it on 87 pump gas with no pingalinging.
    Here's the specs on the one's I got:
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

n8dawg
    Becareful. I had to send my pistons back two times before I they sent me the right ones w/out defects. The next time I had to order pistons I went to Performance Automotive Wherhouse in chatsworth.
    my .02
    What kind of heads are you runnin?

spectratoad
    I am down the street from the warehouse/store here in Reno. Should I go kick em' in the a$$ for ya?

IMPATIENT 1
    OK, I'm gonna call Summit today and have them send another set. I think I got a Friday or Monday set. This piston wasn't the only one with defects. As far as the dish goes, I was just looking to rebuild something close to stock. This is very much a mild build for a lake/ski boat. Need to run it on 87 pump gas with no pingalinging.
    Here's the specs on the one's I got:
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    it won't ping at 10 to 1 on 87 octane with alittle timing adjustment. i'd rather spend another 40-50 bucks and have more compression.just bumping it up to 10 to 1 will give more bang for your buck and can still use 87 octane.runnin flat tops will still allow for small nitrous shot or low boost blower.

502 JET
    [QUOTE=Flip] As far as the dish goes, I was just looking to rebuild something close to stock. This is very much a mild build for a lake/ski boat.
    I would not worry about these pistons they will be fine in your application.If you are worried I would call TRW and get their opinion.If you want your pistons to look like a work of art you will need to spend about twice as much $$$.There is no concerns with a cosmetic flaw and it will perform as intended.
    Are you going to balance your engine?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast