Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Hose Size?????

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have this Blown 454 in my Nordic. Im wondering if my 3/8 fuel line is big enough? Or should I go with the #8?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...yuga_1-med.jpg

sanger mike
    dan, 3/8 is not big enough. you need to go with #8. and make sure you go all the way with #8 including the pick up in the tanks. if your tanks have 3/8 you need to put in #8 weld in bungs.

It wouldn't hurt to run #10 line from the tank to the pump.

DansBlown73Nordic
    How to clean a Imco fuel tank pick-up? I figured out last night that my pick-up must be plugged. If I nail it from a dead stop it runs great for maybe 15 seconds then it starts to break up. With my other fuel tank set-up.....6 gallon can:wink: I was tuirning 6,000 and it never skipped a beat.

burtandnancy
    The suction side, from the fuel tank to the first pump, should always be larger than the discharge side. #8 from the pump(s) to the T, then 3/8 may be OK to the bowls. The absolultely worst thing that can happen is an air leak on the suction side. You can't find it and it can cause a lean condition.

revndave
    I have #10 to regulator and #8 to each Dominator.

VD CRUISER
    On my blown 547, I come out of the tanks with a -8 , then thru 1/2" ball valves screwed into a 1/2 tee. I come out of the tee with -10 to the filter,-10 to the Clay Smith mechanical pump and -10 to a fuel log. Out of the log with -6 to each carb bowl, then a by pass regulator feeds back to the filter inlet. This works great and allows me to run from either tank or both tanks. Pressure is set at 7 psi at idle and maintains 6.5 psi at wot.

Infomaniac
    Originally posted by VD CRUISER
    On my blown 547, I come out of the tanks with a -8 , then thru 1/2" ball valves screwed into a 1/2 tee. I come out of the tee with -10 to the filter,-10 to the Clay Smith mechanical pump and -10 to a fuel log. Out of the log with -6 to each carb bowl, then a by pass regulator feeds back to the filter inlet. This works great and allows me to run from either tank or both tanks. Pressure is set at 7 psi at idle and maintains 6.5 psi at wot.
    Excellent fuel system

VD CRUISER
    Thanks Info, I made this setup based on your input in a thread we had going a while back about by pass set ups. Do you think I have the pressure set high enough?

Infomaniac
    I try and run 7.5 but if it works for you no need to change.
    Not that big of a deal when the fuel system is engineered properly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast