Thread: Olds 455 ????

dekmaster
    Hi Guys,
    I just changed the started on my olds and I had to take the exhaust logs off. I ordered new gaskets from CP, but the problem I am having is trying to scrape off the old gasket residue off of the block. What product can I use to make my job easier? Also All of my bolts on the engine are rusty. Where is the best place to buy a bolt kit of an olds 455? And the last question is where is the best place to get steel braided water hoses?
    Thanks in advance,
    Dennis

RENEGADE 3#
    I use a wire brush to get the old gasket shit off. put a rag in the exhaust ports so you dont get shit inside the heads,when cleaning! as for the bolts i go to the hardware store and get some grade 8 bolts. remember after you made your install warm the headers up shut the engine off and retighten the bolts. i would do this at the lake. dont run it long out of the water!! hope this helps.:wink: :wink: :wink:

HotDogz
    You can use a can of brake cleaner and a putty knife. Gasket comes right off. Like Renegade said, plug the ports in your heads first. Spray the gasket then scrape off. Then order a set of stamped copper gaskets.

INEEDAV
    Originally posted by dekmaster
    And the last question is where is the best place to get steel braided water hoses?
    Thanks in advance,
    Dennis
    Get with SuperDave013, his prices are good and he will do you right.

BrendellaJet
    ARP Sells bolt kits for most popular motors-they should have something for a BB olds.