Thread: Bimini for 28 Daytona

teeitup
    Looking for someone reliable to either make or sell me a ready made bimini for a 04 28 Daytona Low Profile. I don't like the look of a bimini even when it is down but the wife is complaining. I live in Orange County CA, boat stored in Bullhead.
    Thanks

Reaper1
    teeitup - Did you try asking your manufacturer?

Havasu Jim
    I have a 28 Daytona LP also, and like you I don't like the appearance and have a nagging wife too. My oldest son, who lives in AZ came up with a design of his own that uses the new hardware from Dana Marine and has designed one of his own that stores under the engine hatch when not in use. He had a local ( AZ ) manufacturer to build it for him and he installed it himself, it works well at speeds up to 50 mph. I am going to have him design one for me. The cost is approx. $1200.00 for stainless tubeing and would be much less for aluminum which I would not recommend. If you like, I will give you his email address and you can contact him for more detail. Inquire to Jeff Hightower: hightowers@cox.net
    I hope this info. is useful and Good Luck.
    Havasu Jim

Cat & Mice
    Jim,
    Do you have any pictures?
    I had a bimini that stored under the hatch in my 28 Eagle and it worked great but I have not tried to make it work on my 28 daytona yet. I think I want to give it a shot though.
    Michael

Evo22
    what about that company that makes the unbrella that is held own like a bimini and colapses down and stores away when u are movin

teeitup
    I tried the Anchor Shade (West Marine and others), paid $200.00 for a flimsy set up that could not have cost more than $10.00 to make and subsequently discovered that it is not designed to withstand more than a 5 mph wind. Why sell them for use on a boat? When do you see a day on the water where there is not a 5 mph wind?

Havasu Cig
    I had one made for our Cig by a guy in Dana Point that I have run 80 mph with. It is all 1" stainless and the fabric has very small holes to let some air through kind of like a window screen but much denser and stronger.
    It filters 90% of the sunlight. I hate bimini's, but after getting sking cancer I had no choice. It costs me 2k. Let me know if you are interested and I can post his #.

teeitup
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig
    I had one made for our Cig by a guy in Dana Point that I have run 80 mph with. It is all 1" stainless and the fabric has very small holes to let some air through kind of like a window screen but much denser and stronger.
    It filters 90% of the sunlight. I hate bimini's, but after getting sking cancer I had no choice. It costs me 2k. Let me know if you are interested and I can post his #.
    Thanks, I would be interested in having his #

Havasu Cig
    The guys Name is Maricio and the Company is Pacific Coast Mobil Upholstery. # 949-240-3229. Tell him Chris with the Cig reffered you. I am the only Cig he has ever dome a bimini for so he will know who I am.
    Chris