Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seatow or Vessel assist?

THOR
    I am thinking of purchasing one of these services. What some your thoughts regarding one over the other?

Flying Tiger
    Vessel assist has had more reliable locations over they years, and seems more participation.
    Not knocking SeaTow,, just seems like VA is in more places, more often IMHO.
    Don't cross the San Pedro channel without it.
    They have a rep in Avalon which is a BFD with advantages to numberous to list.
    We don't just go to Catalina to anchor & hang out, we go and play with the boat.
    For example:
    Nite time at the east end lite with a 10 mill candelpower lite (COSTCO $36) checking out the flying fish.
    If ya break down you are F()<#ed deluxe "You done had it", and they can be on the scene within 20 minutes or less and haul you back to your mooring.

Tremor Therapy
    Vessel Assist....period!

HocusPocus
    good question.. i have been wondering the same thing. i talked with the seatow people at the little boat show in Havasu a couple weekends ago. then last weekend i talked with the vessel assist people in the channel. each group was very nice and helpful, but i couldn't decide which would be better.

H20 Toie
    Last year when i checked Sea tow has more cases of trying to turn a tow into a salvage ( they make 100% + more money if it's a salvage) so i went with Vessel Assist, i did need to use them once (Turns out i cannot go 200 miles on a tank of gas ) They brought me 5 gals of gas and i was good to go. It is worth the expence if you go in the ocean i don't know if i would have got it if only running the river.

gmocnik
    my only experience has been with sea tow at havasu...
    they have been very helpful and responsive the two times i have needed their assistance..
    either one is well worth the +/- 100 bucks per year

Hardly Satisfied
    I have Seatow. have not used them yet .depends with you boat the most ,check to see if they are there.

THOR
    I should have prefaced this by saying that I only boat in Havasu, Mohave, Mead etc.

SummitKarl
    got no clue as to which one is better, but I just got a free year of SEA TOW with the used boat I bought, I met him once, I think his name is Chris, but seemed like a good guy, he came across the lake just for a jump start and didn't charge....besides he has a very cute girlfriend thats always with him

Havasu_Dreamin
    Vessel Assist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast