Hello all -
I received a message from The Arizona State Parks office asking for feedback on proposed fee increases. I know many of you are annual pass holders and use facilities like Windsor and Cattail Cove, so I thought I'd pass on this information in case you want to comment on the 25% increase in the annual pass and any of the other proposed fee hikes.
The moderators may wish to make this a sticky.
Regards -
Charlie
Summary of Changes:
The proposed changes are illustrated on the draft schedule (proposed fees are in bolded text), and are summarized below:
• Implement a 50% discount for Regular Military, Reserve, National Guard, and state militia troops and their families. This discount will satisfy the Governor’s Executive order: 2003-10.
• Implement an $11.00 camping permit for pre-arranged and limited camping at Sonoita Creek Natural Area.
• Implement a 20% discount for Commercial Tour operators at Kartchner Caverns. This discount would be available to any Commercial operator who books a group tour for Kartchner Caverns (at least 12 persons or more). Additionally, the park entry fee will be waived, each group will be provided with a “step-on guide” upon entering the park. Groups that are 16 persons or larger that take 2 tour times will also be provided with an interpretive program for the waiting members of the group.
• Implement a non-refundable reservation fee for a campsite, cabin or yurt to be equal to one nights rental.
• Use of a Dump Station, for non-camping visitors will require a fee equal to one night of the low end of the Parks non-electric camping fee range.
• Increase the daily entrance fee to $3.00 from $2.00 at McFarland State Historic Park. The subsequent Group Fee will be adjusted appropriately to $2.40 from $1.60.
• Increase the daily entrance fee to $10.00 from $9.00 at Cattail Cove and Lake Havasu State Parks.
• Increase the upper-limit of the electrified campsite range to $30.00 from $25.00 at Buckskin Mountain, River Island, Catalina, Dead Horse Ranch, Lake Havasu, Lost Dutchman, and Patagonia Lake State Parks
• Implement a camping fee range at Kartchner Caverns State Park of $19.00 - $30.00. This will replace the existing one fee of $22.00.
• Increase the “Over Night Parking” fee to $5.00 from $4.00
• Increase the Arizona State Parks Premium Annual Entrance Pass to $125.00 from $100.00
• Increase the Arizona State Parks Standard Annual Entrance Pass to $50.00 from $45.00
• Revise the definition of the “seasonal rates” at Catalina, Lost Dutchman, Oracle, Patagonia Lake, Picacho Peak, Roper Lake, and Slide Rock State Parks to read:
“Friday before Memorial Day through the end of Labor Day” instead of:
“Friday before Memorial Day through the Tuesday after Labor Day.”
To make comments on the proposed fee changes, please visit our online survey at:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...e2vXu85Q_3d_3d
Public meetings will also be held; meeting dates will be announced soon.
Thank you,
The Staff at Arizona State Parks