My motor is a 455 OLDS. I took off from the no wake zone and punched it and I was doing 15mph. So I said it needs a pump rebuild or something clogging the jet. So I pulled back in and I took off the hand hole and I'll be damn. I had about 6 feet of ski rope wrapped around my pump shaft. So I took the rope out and said I'll try again. I nailed the gas and VVVVRRROOOOOOMMM I was off and running. I drove around for about 15 minutes at 1/2 throttle to check oil and temp. Everything looked good so I floored it. The motor got louder and speed grew faster. I was like damn I like this. So I kept it at WOT for about 10 seconds. Everything sounded good so I hit WOT again and I started to hear a soft knock so I backed way off and it went away. I hit WOT again and I heard the knocking again. So I then let off the a little bit (3\4 of full throttle) and the knocking went away. So I decited everything looked and sounded ok except the knock so I went back to shore. On the way back I was cruising at half throttle and I punched it to full and I didnt hear a knock untill about 7 seconds after holding full throttle.My oil is a little milky.Oil pressure is good at idle and while driving. I dont know my rpm's yet because the tach doesnt work.My question is did I throw a rod or spin a bearing?????What do I need to do to make sure everything is ok?
The boat runs great and idles clean. Could someone please help me? eek! eek!