AZM,
I think if you do a little research you will discover that it hasn't been even a year since the Democrats took control of the House and Senate. The Republicans controled of all branches of Govt until Jan 2007. Republicans held the majority in Congress for 12 years prior to 2007.
You seem proud of the President you elected. Not many others are.
I hear Republicans whining every day about how Dems steal elections with votes from illegals. If you want tell a story tell it truthfully.
Your right it was the 2006 elections when they took power.My mistake. As far as proud of the president. With exception for how the war has gone yes. The economy has been the best it has in 12 years. I know most libs don't believe so but the economy was going down hill durring the last 2 years of Clintons presidency. After riding Reganomics for 6 yrs and doing nothing to tweak it along the way. Unemployment was rising very quickly. Once Bush took office it continued down and before he had any time to do anything 911 hit and it spiraled out of control. I believe he did a much better job of rejuvinating the economy than Clinton would have if he had to deal with those problems.
And as for the war I don't completely hold any one person responsible for it's shortcomings. Ever since WWII the military has not been able to do it's job because of political intervention. How can you do your job when someone keeps tieing one hand behind your back. And this war is worse than ever. You have Dems that have been on record before Bush took office saying they were worried about Sadam's posibility of having or aquiring WMD's. Now they are all screaming Bush lied to them and and they were decieved even though they unanimously voted to go into Iraq. This kind of spineless actions does very little for military moral.
regardless of who's in power in 08 I think the results will be the same because politicians are for when talking is needed to fix problems and when talk has exhausted itself then it's time for military action without political intervention.
And I still have not heard Rep politicians whining about being cheated and racing to the courthouse to stop things. It was funny but I don't remember hearing about rep lawyers being placed at all of the major polling places waiting to run to court if things looked like it wasn't going their way. I've heard lots of Rep and Dem talking about illeagals and voting. But not so much about past elections but worried about future elections if the Dem politicians get their way of finding a way to overlook the in any way to make illeagls elligible to vote.