Kurt,
It's amazing how someone like you, who isn't a scientist by any means, has the balls to call way more qualified people that yourself idiots. I personally don't know what effect man is having in climate change, but after living in the Los Angeles area for over 50 years, and watching first hand the amount of shit that man has been pumped to the atmosphere, I believe that man could be having some affect. I'm not sure that we have the ability to change the current warming pattern, but do believe that we need to reduce the amount of shit we pump into the air. I see doing so as a win win.
Ultra you have hit the nail on the head. I have always said that I don't believe in MMGW but if you (you meaning people in general) want to talk about polution be my guest. I truly believe that earths natural cycle is to blame for higher temperatures and melting ice caps. Like NASA has reported Mars's ice caps shrinking. But what we do to our air we breath and water we drink and oceans we polute is where we should be concentrating our efforts. remember if the earth did not have warm and cold periods then what made the ice age that killed millions in the 1600's dissapear? We should all be living in igloos. I remember when they were screaming how we were putting a hole in the ozone layer. what ever became of that? Opps we were wrong. Or the ice age that was imminent in the 70's when they were screaming global cooling? oops we were wrong. I truley don't believe man can do anything to stop the earths actions but we sure can clean up polution. Hell metiorolgists can't even acurately predict the local weather patterns worth a shit. Hell I'm in the wrong buisness. What other job can you screw up 50% of the time and keep your job.