Hi there,
I've read alot about stereos here, and we do have a lot of talent here. So, I would like some guide lines on how to install the stereo.
Any help or comments will be appreciated.
Here is the system (ever-changing) as I see ordering it:
Head unit: Sony MP 80 3 sec anti-skip, 4V x 3, remote-able
Amp: JBL 180.2 excellent value for the $
Sub amp: JBL 600.1 class D, again excellent value
Speakers: Here I would like some recommendations, but I've always been a fan of MB Quart and I'm considering the NKA 116's in stock locations (Baja 180) and possible 2 more either in the sides or underneath the steering wheel/stereo.
Sub: Infinity Perfect 12.1 regular voice coil in a Q-logic box (these two I have already - never used)
Sat. radio: Roady by ?
OK, now for some specific questions:
1) I purchased a Rockford Fosgate install kit (1729) w/ 4 gauge wire - however I'll need some more ground wire (also 4 gauge) Where is the best place to install the amps? Underneath the stereo?(on the portside of the boat) Is it OK to run that long of a ground wire? Will 4 gauge wire be enough for my amps?
2) Is my sub OK underneath the stereo? Is it going to induce distortion?
3) If I never plan on getting my speakers wet aren't the MB Quart RKC 116 sufficient?
4) I have a dual batt setup w/switch. They are the deep cycle/starting kind. Both pretty new. Do I need more?
5) If I run one battery down, and it's time to drive home, is it ok to set the batt switch in the "both" position and let the alternator charge them?
Thanks for any advice!
It's a great board - Hope to see some of you in Havasu next Memorial Day.