My buddy just bought a used '03 GMC Sonoma. It's a pretty nice truck and is pretty torqy for beign a 6 cyl but then again i've always liked s10's.
Anyway, it has the standard bumper ball dilio but no electrical for the trailer. he called the dealer and they told him that he could buy a kit and yadda yadda yadds and that he wouldnt have to splice into the wires that they kit just plugges into a harness. I looked under his truck last night and i didnt see anything like what they where talking about but then again it was dark. My guess is that they where thinking he was going to splice/hardwire the trailer into the electrical on the truck.
I'm trying to find out from any of you who have experience with this, is there a harness up in there somewhere? If not i will need to splice one in i'm sure, wheres the best place to do this? I want to fuse also so that if there is a electrical problem it blows the fuse for the trailer and not all the lights on the truck, what size fuse a standard 10 or 15 amp?
Any additional info on hooking it all up (wire colors, etc) would be great.