I'm the biggest newbie to the blower scene, but I'm learning as fast as I can. While doing research for the forced induction of my car, I found that water injection is a much better cylinder cooler than adding extra injectors that just dump more fuel to cool, which in turn helps avoid meltdown under big boost. This also takes away from from "fuel mileage".
Since we have the biggest available water souce, why wouldn't water injection systems be more widely used compared to a chiller that cools the charge, but also restricts flow and reduces boost? The water that runs through the chiller is the same temperature of the lake, but takes on heat as it flows through the chiller. With water injection, you would lose the added weight of the chiller, the overall cost and if plumbed through a strainer or filter, would provide cleaner water. The water systems can be programmed to come on at a specified rpm, say 4000 and provide a cooler charge.
Am I way off base here, or is this something that has been tried and failed, or not tried and perfected enough?