I couldn't freaking believe it. I never get it. Okay I used to never get it. Until last night. First time for everything I guess. I was shaking so bad I thought I was gonna drop the microphone and I had to return to my seat without finishing the song. A little embarrassing but mostly I was wigged out that it happened at all.
I love karaoke. I love singing. I love being on stage with a microphone. I used to compete in public speaking contests and amateur talent contests (won sometimes too ). Stage fright? Damn. The friends I was with last night couldn't figure out why I didn't finish the song. When I told them what happened, I had to laugh at the shock on their faces ... that and the three of them saying simultaneously, "No way! Really? That's not like you."
Diet coke and rye is good stuff, btw. After the second drink the DJ called me back up and I sang an old favorite of mine - and nailed it.
Sang another one after my third drink. Need to practice that one a bit more but I diidn't get booed off the stage so I guess I did okay. Into my fourth drink I got called up again. I figured it was my last shot for the night to sing. I decided to try again the song I choked on earlier and not only did I get through it that time but people got up and danced (alcohol may have been a factor, lol ).
What have I learned? I need to go to karaoke more often so I never get stage fright EVER again and rye is my friend.
Okay if anyone gots most embarassing moments to share or their own stage fright stories to tell please do. Please? Pretty please?
~FM