I have a BBC Blown ready to go into a boat. I have my Mandella which already has a blown stroker SB. The boat porpoises about every 20 ft so I have to put pressure on the pedal and keep the nose down, I'm scrubbing mph big time. I have been told by a couple guys in the know that I have to 1. put the prop deeper in the water "further back
2. cut the prop shaft and put the prop as close to the strut as I can get.
I'm thouroughly confused now. I am told today that after I put this big horsepower motor in it the porpoiseing will amplify! I still have a lot to learn and am only scratching the surface of what is to be learned of setting up a flat. So here are my options. Spend countless hours moving motor, strut location, prop change etc...
leave the boat alone maybe cut the prop shaft" shaft sticks out from strut over an inch" boat currently works fine with a little pressure on the pedal, just is'nt perfect and that's how I like my stuff.
Trade the boat complete and running to someone that has a flattie that is set up for big hp, preferrably circle flattie. " hull only" At this point I have too much on my plate with the Quickshot Hydro" and a Hemi I'm putting together. If anyone can offer suggestions "I'm listening" I love this Mandella but dont have the patience or the time to start over on a boat that is beautiful and complete. Thanks, Matt