My sister has been surfing for years and I always tried to support her surfing love. Back in the day her and her hubby didn't have the means to puchase a quality surf board. On Christmas about three or four years ago I Called G & S out in Cali and had them shape a custom long board with some personal art work dedication done in her name. It turned out really nice. She has been putting it to work ever since. nowadays she has several boards. She invited me out to the East Coast today.
Well I wouldn't call myself a surf king but I caught many waves and probably enjoyed this day more than any. My first day on a surf board although many on a surf boat. Just call me Mr. goofy foot. :rollside: Today we were out for hours. It was overcast and rained most of the time. I didn't notice the rain until we were walking to the car.
I call on my Coast guard days doing search and rescue out in Washington state and say that the water was warm... Actually not bad. My nipples feel like they are ripped off, my belly is red and in pain, my chest hair is full of board wax, I was zapped by many jelly fish, I took a long board dead center rocker to the base of my skull. Smashed the glass on the board. My eyes are blood shot red and my sinuses are begging for mercy. Overall It was dam near the best day of my life.
We had the cameras video and still but we were both out there the whole time and it's funny but I didn't feel bad about ignoring the record devices... Great day...
I have a bloody nose right now, welts from the Jfish, my hed is gashed and it feels good? :coffeycup
I have a new...