Mark Perry in Albuquerque bought a 1998 sr-24, new from Steve/Lia. I know he had many complaints about the boat, like: very poor gel-coat work which supposedly steve did himself and offered nothing for warranty when it was clearly htm's problem. The engine was a 588, supposed to be new but it lasted all of an hour before coming apart, another htm special, but not many people warranty blown motors including htm. I guess the boat was also supposed to be the first boat with a liner but nothing but an oops sorry was offered at time of delivery. After a few years of working on it, it finally performs wonderfully. I was at Marks shop in the fall of 06' and he was repairing yet another gel-coat problem. I guess there we're air pockets between the gel-coat and fiberglass and they just keep popping up.
As far as performance, I've been in the boat every summer since 1998 and the boat does ride well up to 70+ then it seems to get a little rough riding, even in light chop you're bouncing out of the seat a little. Definately take a ride at all speeds in the thing before you buy.