Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: I did it...

cdog
    http://www.azcentral.com/specials/sp...ons101one.html

What is the law?
    Ronald J. Hansen
    The Arizona Republic
    Nov. 28, 2007 02:40 PM
    The sanctions law, known as the Legal Arizona Workers Act, is intended to ensure that no businesses in Arizona knowingly or intentionally hire or employ illegal immigrants.
    Beginning Jan. 1, all business owners in Arizona risk losing their state and local licenses if they knowingly or intentionally - the law makes a distinction between "knowingly" and "intentionally" - hire undocumented workers after that date. Licenses can be suspended for 10 days or longer for a first offense and revoked altogether for a second offense.
    Employers are required to check the legal status of their new hires using E-Verify, a free online federal program that checks names and identification documents to ensure that new employees are eligible to work.
    The law also sharpens the punishment for identity theft, a crime frequently associated with illegal workers.
    It is now aggravated identity theft, a felony, to possess the identity information of someone else to seek work or to have such information for three or more people without their consent.
    Under the law, it doesn't matter whether the information is for an actual person or a bogus identity.

Froggystyle
    http://www.azcentral.com/specials/sp...ons101one.html

What is the law?
    Ronald J. Hansen
    The Arizona Republic
    Nov. 28, 2007 02:40 PM
    The sanctions law, known as the Legal Arizona Workers Act, is intended to ensure that no businesses in Arizona knowingly or intentionally hire or employ illegal immigrants.
    Beginning Jan. 1, all business owners in Arizona risk losing their state and local licenses if they knowingly or intentionally - the law makes a distinction between "knowingly" and "intentionally" - hire undocumented workers after that date. Licenses can be suspended for 10 days or longer for a first offense and revoked altogether for a second offense.
    Employers are required to check the legal status of their new hires using E-Verify, a free online federal program that checks names and identification documents to ensure that new employees are eligible to work.
    The law also sharpens the punishment for identity theft, a crime frequently associated with illegal workers.
    It is now aggravated identity theft, a felony, to possess the identity information of someone else to seek work or to have such information for three or more people without their consent.
    Under the law, it doesn't matter whether the information is for an actual person or a bogus identity.
    I applied for this program in California as a volunteer. There is a rub, that I personally don't care for, but it is what it is...
    You need to hire them first...
    I went looking for a means of determining citizenship with regard to the HUGE number of well-trained workers being made available to me by the reduction in size of other local boat builders. I know for a fact that they hire illegal labor, but want to prove such for myself before determining hireability or not. You can't do that it turns out... They won't let you run the ID of an applicant and let that be a determining factor. You have to hire them based on whether or not they can do the job, and then run the name, SS and ID through the program. If it pops up, allegedly the INS just shows up on Monday and carts them away.
    I won't hire illegals, and I won't support vendors who do either. That said, I am not out trying to be a trap for them either.
    As a result, I have added a "background investigation" requirement to my hiring procedure and while it isn't free, it does cover me. One nearly made it through, but things weren't adding up on my end, and I hired a PI to check on them. Fake ID, SS being used by multiple people etc... Technically, I could have hired them and would have been covered... Hell, the ID looked real enough to me and matched the SS card, but once you have made a policy like this, I think it is important not to be living in a glass house while chucking rocks...
    The ID thing solves this whole problem at a very basic level. You can't really exist here without fuel, and if you aren't legal to drive here, you can't legally buy fuel in my scenario. No INS, no jack-booted thugs showing up to deport people... Just no gas. Simple.

spdfrk
    something needs to be done, some geat ideas on the board. anyone afraid of government knowing when, where we buy gas almost everyone uses some kind of card anyways. if they want to know where you are they can find you. if you can count the shingles on you roof with google earth, they can watch you take a leak. get rid of our regeem and get someone to do something about the illegals. ALL AMERICAN AND PROUD

Froggystyle
    I don't want to speak too soon here, but don't be suprised if you start seeing this idea in the media...
    Something like this could sway the election in '08.
    Imagine only legal drivers able to drive... What a concept.

FOXMAN
    You know how many people are dead because they did nothing wrong police just had wrong information
    The point is to have a valid drivers license to get gas.. I dont think there will be any death squads or mass killings of people who tried to buy without the license..But hopefully a bunch of deportation.

Blown 472
    Trying to get a meeting with Duncan Hunter as we speak. I know a guy...
    He might be just the politician ballsy enough to do it. He is running for President too...
    I will let you all know how it goes. I am sold on the idea. The only reason you would be against it is if you wish more illegal drivers were on the road.
    Forget about even using it as a law enforcement tool. I honestly think the problem would pretty much solve itself.
    Fantastic, make it happen.

homelessinaz
    I don't want to speak too soon here, but don't be suprised if you start seeing this idea in the media...
    Something like this could sway the election in '08.
    Imagine only legal drivers able to drive... What a concept.
    Two words...
    ELECTRIC CAR
    Homeless

Froggystyle
    Two words...
    ELECTRIC CAR
    Homeless
    Two more words... "price point"
    I have a guy working for me that just bought a Hybrid. $28K later, he has a car that on the highway will get 65 mpg or something. A full electric car will cost you a ton of money to purchase, and even more every month in electricity bills.
    Somehow, I don't think the illegal drivers with $40K cars and electrical docking stations at their cribs are the ones driving around in $50 cars causing me to get uninsured motorist insurance.
    I have some guys working for me that are family men, with daughters and sons that are just driving age. They have inexpensive vehicles (comparitively) and are holding the basic liability insurance so they can drive legally and such. I brought this idea up to one of them yesterday and he told me frankly that a serious fear is one of his kids getting hit by someone without insurance. He doesn't have uninsured motorist coverage, so if someone without insurance totals his vehicle... he is out several thousand dollars worth of vehicle, the kid can't go to work and it just added a ton of burden to the already strained family.
    Not having uninsured motorists on the roadway is a great idea. Not having illegal drivers on the road is a great idea. If you disagree, feel free to explain to me why it isn't.

homelessinaz
    Two more words... "price point"
    Obviously your experience with South Americans and Good Old Mexican Know How is limited.
    http://www.electroauto.com/catalog/price-pts.shtml
    Seriously, this is what it'll cost you to buy a conversion kit ready made and delivered. You need only visit Cuba once to see what necessity can create.
    Not having uninsured motorists on the roadway is a great idea. Not having illegal drivers on the road is a great idea. If you disagree, feel free to explain to me why it isn't.
    I never said that having uninsured motorists on the road was a good idea. I think your solutions are simple minded and impractical.
    Homeless

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789