Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a swimming pool.

ELVIS
    Ok, thanks everyone for imput. wife wants to use a builder ( no faith ) my next question is the equipment. Pentair or Sta Rite. thanks for any help.

Cookie
    There are risks you take when you become the "general contractor" when you do an owner/builder pool. Some of the risks are people getting hurt on your property, mistakes that every sub-contractor passes on to the next one and god forbid the pool popping out of the ground during construction. If you are willing to take these risks you can save yourself some money. Make sure you have the time to meet every sub-contractor on the job. If you have any questions PM me, I've built over 4000 pools.

Seasday
    Ok, thanks everyone for imput. wife wants to use a builder ( no faith ) my next question is the equipment. Pentair or Sta Rite. thanks for any help.
    Doesn't matter, same company. Still, out of the two I would stick with Pentair. I would actually go Hayward but that's a whole different story.

TequillaSunSet
    Call Ted Metzger @ 951-756-3780
    He has helped a lot of home owners build their own pools at about 1/3 the cost. Ted can go over the liability issues and all the other details as he is a pool contractor himself (He is Mike Metzger's dad).
    Really cool guy and if he can't help you, he will direct you to someone who can.

lewiville
    i suggestion is use Mission Pools. There not cheap, but IMO are the best. I live in Murrietucky to and had them build a $70 pool not one prob. Built on time and was perfect. Ask for Dave, he's a good designer to

ROZ
    Doesn't matter, same company. Still, out of the two I would stick with Pentair. I would actually go Hayward but that's a whole different story.
    I have installed many Hayward products, but I'm not a fan... To each his own though..

laveycrafter
    I built my own pool a couple of years ago. Basic 15x35 , 8ft spa, rectangle with a 24 Raised Bond Beam on two sides. 3 pumps, deck jets, water falls, solar, and pebble sheen. All for about 30k. Concrete work another 10k. The same pool quoted by several builders was 55k-80k.
    I found you dont save money by building you own pool, you just get more bang for your buck. Sure a pool builder could of kept me under my 40 k budget, but it would of been a cookie cutter white plaster, gray concrete standard pool.
    Do it man! The one thing you have on your side is the economy, people are starving to work, so now you can bargain!
    As far as the equipment I went Pentair, I had a bad light, and bad heater module, their customer service is great, and no new problems. I went D.E. filter too, they just clean better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12