Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Dads Just Big Dogs That Talk?

Boozer
    Shit! You're right! I should call him on the phone and be like "Hey dad thanks for ****in stiffin me on a nice car when I was a kid. Since I am pissed about that to this day I think you need to wire me about $2500 so I can head to Lake Havasu tomorrow night.

Boozer
    Not a chance
    Anyone wanna be my dad for a weekend?

=PAYED CA$H=
    BEING AN ESCALADE OWNER MYSELF......
    I GIVE ALL VOTES TO RIVER DAVE ON THIS TOPIC.....
    IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, DONT BE A TITE WAD JUST GET IT FOR THEM........BECAUSE ALL THE LESSONS LEARNED IN BUYING YOUR OWN CAR WHEN YOUR 16 GOES OUT THE ****IN WINDOW IF YOU DO WELL LATER IN LIFE...
    THEN YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR PARENTS COULD HAVE BOUGHT IT BUT WERE TITE WADS AND WANTED TO TEACH YOU SOMETHING THAT JUST WENT OUT THE ****IN WINDOW..... eek!
    SOME CAN, SOME CANT.......PLAIN AND SIMPLE...

Ziggy
    I'm living this as we speak...My 20 yr old was put through school to become at Technician. We provided a transportation vehicle(nice used Ranger which BTW was his second car), a boat, room, board and extra cash to play with. He trashed the truck, rolled it, always hungry and begged for more $.......fast forward another year and half, he now works and makes good money but still drives his flatened truck, and can't seem to put priorities in order. He's a great kid but seems he didn't learn to appreciate what was provided. He wants me to help him get another vehicle now but after the way he's treated his other belongings I can't support the idea....funny thing is, the things he has bought on his own are taken care of because he spent his money on it, not dad's. Likewise the boat, it was a fixer to begin with, he spent hours and hours dolling it up and he has pride to keep it up, and rightfully so, its a beautiful old Kindsvter.
    There is NOTHING that says PRIDE more than being able to do it yourself, somehow, someway.
    He'll make it but I have to be the grouchy ol' dad that won't let him have something for a change.
    I sure wish they made a owners manual for parents so we wouldn't go through all the trail and errors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12