Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: What if E........................

Wet Dream
    I'm still in for something to happen. I don't mind towing at all. But is the an east meet west in central or what? I think it is a great idea to do this, so long as we don't disclude the central boaters.

burbanite
    Holy crap! That nearly got out of hand didn't it....nice save HavasuDreamin'
    I'm with the "I don't give a toss where we go" crowd. Not that I am taking the easy way out, just that if we decide to do a central deal that some can tow to and some can fly then I will probably tow. If it is a West event and the rest of us fly - I'm in (might even tow that one as well). If there is an event in the East and the rest fly - I'm towing.
    Someone said poll. Lets get it started, we should probably decide first if it will be an annual deal somewhere central that the choice is open to drive or fly or the "coasts" take turns each year at hosting.

Infomaniac
    I'm tellin you guys. If meet in the central is good and v-drives and jets are the menu. Tulsa is the place. 4 nice lakes within 45 minutes and the lake patrol is not a hassle. More local drag boats around here than just about anywhere also.

Dimarco Kid
    Sorry guys, I'm getting a little wound up, loaded for bear. I'm gonna vote, and I'm up for anything really. I would like to have my boat at both events, but we'll see. I think this is a great idea!
    D Kid

beyondhelpin
    As much as I would like to have this gathering in central - Loto, Grand, Tenkiller or where ever I also am also thinking of a good reason to go to Powell. My boat is going to be towed to either the Keys in Florida (1800 miles) or Powell (1100 miles)next year. I towed a 22" Scarab out to San Diego when I moved there and then towed it back when I moved back to Tulsa. It was about a 24 hour pull.It is really not that much worse than just driving. Just make sure your trailer is in good shape. Bring an extra set of bearings and tire just in case. I did not have any troubles either way.
    Somebody set up a poll and anyone serious about doing this vote. If we do this in central I can put some people up at my house.

DickDanger
    You guys must all be high!!!! People would seriously consider driving 30-40 f**king hours to go boating?????? I am thinking that the lakes/rivers/bogs/swamps around SoCal are just fine. -DD Out

burbanite
    DickDanger
    [QB]You guys must all be high!!!! People would seriously consider driving 30-40 f**king hours to go boating??????Yep,
    whats wrong with that?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789