Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need Some advice

UnionJack
    I thought the same thing when I saw the first f-26... but when you get in and drive it.... it's like a sports car.... it is great, you just fell like the boat was built around you. Mine will be at the show in two weeks... I am dropping it off at DCB tomorrow

Interceptor454
    Well, still seems everyone has their opinions, and rightfully so. If you've been there, done that. I truly appreciate everyone honesty and cander here........the boat I'm looking at is a '97 that was apparently the test boat for several magazines. It's Blue and White flamed, and the person that owns it now it putting some work into it. Basically, the boat will be as new as a 6 yr old boat can be.
    Love the look of this boat. There is a Red/white one that runs on lake Eufala that is similar. I'm not looking to set any speed records with this rig.
    I'm not locked in though. I've been looking on damn near every web site known to man-kind looking for a good used tunnel that fits our needs. You guys and gals in Cali and Arizona have all the luck......there's one on every corner. Anyone out there seen a rig like I'm in the market for???????? If so, please let me know, it would probably be worth the drive out there..........

JLaughreySS24
    Hey Union, Ill be down there to check it out. Im sure you cant wait to drop it in the water.

JLaughreySS24
    Intercepter, Something else you might want to check out is if the HTM you are interested in has a fiberglass floor or a wood floor in it. The early HTM's had wood floors that were covered in resin but the fiberglass floor is way nicer. Check it out!!!

LAVEYSABRE575
    INTERCEPTOR ..Ive also owned a 2001 ss24 with a 572 NA 750 hp. motor. Dont believe all the BS you here in these forums regarding HTM most of the haters like tom said have had there asses ripped by an HTM so there bitter . If your looking for a nice family cat you cant go wrong with a used 24 with a 454 mag or a 2001 with a 496 ho perfect for the rough and you can ski behind it also. Has for the handling its great at low speeds and at high speeds i cant say enough, It out performs my sabre from 70 on up if you have any questions if i can help please pm me..derek

UnionJack
    I have had it out twice... the christmas parade and last weekend in the low water lake havasu... the xmas parade was the first trip... I cant wait for warm trips and the ladies

LAVEYSABRE575
    union, by the way your boat is freaking beautiful...derek

UnionJack
    My dad designed the paint and pictures do it no justice, just wait till you see the job the guys did at daves.... amazing... the ghost flame is crazy.

BADBLOWN572
    Union, how bad is the distortion from looking through the canopies? I have been in a couple of other boats and it seems that the distortion is killer. Especially when looking through both canopies to see right in front of the passenger. It seems that it would be a pain to determine distance. Am I correct? On my next boat I am considering going with a 1/4 canopy but not sure. I like the wind in my face and it doesn't give the false sense of security. What is your opinion?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234