Thread: Deckboat

Thunderbutt
    I bought a 28 foot Warlock Deckboat with a 454 Mag EFI Brovo 3 drive. Being a V- Drive man for 40 years, I know nothing about the Merc. motors or outdrives. Will I be satified with this unit, or will I be pulling the motor and making changes? What kind of H P can you put to a Brovo 3 drive?

Havasu Hangin'
    Eventually...you will tinker with it. It's a disease.
    I don't know much about the B3's...but I've heard that you have to keep the idle low, because the is alot of prop to get into gear.
    I would imagine they could handle as much as a stock B1, or maybe a little less since there is less prop slipage.
    Congrats on the new boat.

spectras only
    Jim, bravo 3's were offered up to 7.4L 454's with 300 HP , or 265 HP diesels from mercury. I don't think it would take as much HP as the bravo 1 .Take your spectra when you need a speed fix .

paradigm shift
    Originally posted by Thunderbutt
    I bought a 28 foot Warlock Deckboat with a 454 Mag EFI Brovo 3 drive. Being a V- Drive man for 40 years, I know nothing about the Merc. motors or outdrives. Will I be satified with this unit, or will I be pulling the motor and making changes? What kind of H P can you put to a Brovo 3 drive?
    I/O - Bravo is not like V-drive. If you had V-Drives you will get the bug for more HP. Have to upgrade the drive package with an upgraded bravo if you want trouble free boating. Or better yet use the spectra for a speed fix!

Party Cat
    Originally posted by Thunderbutt
    What kind of H P can you put to a Brovo 3 drive?
    I dunno what the max is, but I had a Merc 454 330hp carbed motor in a 26 ft Party Cat.....Put a 509 in her in December that Dyno'd 628/652.....so far no problems.....runnin a Bravo 3 with 2.0 gears and 28 props on it...rolls over much better than it did before with 26's on it....I think it's all about being smart....ya don't want to slam the throttle at any speed...just ease into it and I'm guessin you'd be alright...I'll let ya know more at the end of the season......