I want to touch on something else Chet has mentioned which is about the bronze impeller. I just find it funny how Chet who favors Aggressor suggest a Bronze verses a Stainless Steel impeller and basicaly tells all of us we should of thought of that to save our fellow boater some cash. Well, I did some research today and found the only jet pump builder today offering a Bronze is Aggressor. How about that? Berkeley, Legend, American Turbine, and Dominator only offer Aluminum or Stainless. I also called some of Chets favorite shops for some more information. What I found out is that there is no performance value with a Bronze impeller and costs them almost the same to make as a Stainless, and the Bronze impeller is heavier then a Stainless. I also found out one of the reasons a Legend Stainless is considered the best out of the box impeller is because it is made out of stonger material then the rest. Aggressor does offer a Stainless impeller on there website, but I've been told by some of Chets favorite shops that Aggressor doesn't have access to a Stainless Steel foundary (RiverDave, your a metal guy, am I saying this right?) So there stainless is custom ordered and the shops I called didn't know if Aggressor has even sold any.
So no wonder why Chet suggested a Bronze, that is all his company, oop's, I mean Aggressor offers over the Aluminum. So Chet, don't feel bad for opening your mouth before using your brain, I know lots of people who do that. They all drive out boards.
HBjet
PS. For the record, I didn't call MPD at all for any of this Information and one of the pump MFG's I called even told me, one of the best pumps guys ever is Jack at MPD. That's got to say something about the work he does.
Give me an "M" Give me a "P" Give me a "D"...
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited November 19, 2001).]