Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are my options for building or buying a box to fit in my boat?

TRUMP TIGHT
    That Ohm stuff is really confusing!!!
    I just hook it all together and if there is no smoke I assume it's working :crossx:
    I am gonna guess that your girlfriends car will sound much better when you get both subs installed
    Im the same way. Just do some tuning by ear to get the best sound when im done installing. She should be very pleased once the othe sub goes in. I have a set of jl 6x9's for the back but i need to find some good 6.5's for the front because with the other 12 the highs are gonna be under powered.

TRUMP TIGHT
    LOL
    I know a lot of people dont like audiobahn but i hooked up a 1000w jl amp to one of the 12's i had and it took it all!! I had 2 installed and was actually given 4.

riverbound
    I know a lot of people dont like audiobahn but i hooked up a 1000w jl amp to one of the 12's i had and it took it all!! I had 2 installed and was actually given 4.
    and if they were wired at 8ohms they were only getting 250 watts.

riverbound
    Im the same way. Just do some tuning by ear to get the best sound when im done installing. She should be very pleased once the othe sub goes in. I have a set of jl 6x9's for the back but i need to find some good 6.5's for the front because with the other 12 the highs are gonna be under powered.
    If you pull the side panels out of the boat...there is actually another cut out on the sides up high for another pair of 6x9s. They are in between the back seat and driver seat almost st the top of the panel. they were covered up when the upholstery was done.

TRUMP TIGHT
    If you pull the side panels out of the boat...there is actually another cut out on the sides up high for another pair of 6x9s. They are in between the back seat and driver seat almost st the top of the panel. they were covered up when the upholstery was done.
    Thanks for that info. Im going to have to wait but i will add a set of 6x9's and a battery and figure out the amp set up i would need to for 3 pairs. The jl 12's i got are w3.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123