Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost Plane Crash At Lax

PHX ATC
    NO!
    Hello, McFly...I know you're just kidding, but when you're riding your motorcycle do you want to see an accident right in front of you if you could choose whether it happened or not? I know you'd choose not to see one, but that's horrible question to ask.
    You know, I'm probably oversensitive to this stuff after 9-11 & watching those planes crash into the twin towers over and over and over and over and over again. Then again, a plane a day comes in with some sort of problem and has the equipment roll, so I'm numb to it.
    Not bashing you Kilr, just on a rant, I'm hungry and need to be fed.

Kilrtoy
    NO!
    Hello, McFly...I know you're just kidding, but when you're riding your motorcycle do you want to see an accident right in front of you if you could choose whether it happened or not? I know you'd choose not to see one, but that's horrible question to ask.
    You know, I'm probably oversensitive to this stuff after 9-11 & watching those planes crash into the twin towers over and over and over and over and over again. Then again, a plane a day comes in with some sort of problem and has the equipment roll, so I'm numb to it.
    First off I havent even voted yet.
    Second EVERYONE has a sick side, I see it ever day at accident scenes
    Third I dont ever want to see anyone hurt, OK, ALMOST EVERYONE
    I was sitting on pins and needles watching this wishing nothing but the best...
    and hoping that it was an X-MILITARY PILOT IN THERE.
    Where I am coming from is......
    Every news channel had this live... The first second they were ok and no death and destruction, the news was almost IMMEDIATELY CUT....
    That would leave one to wonder

Sleek-Jet
    NO!
    I bet no one mentions the controllers in all of this.
    Not to get to sappy, but it helps to have a nice calm voice on the other end of the radio when things get dicey.

SnakeWrench
    Ok how many people watched with that sick little side, we all have inside, wanting to see it crash.... BE honest
    Dude, think if someone you cared about was on that plane, you wished for something as sick as seeing a "little more action' or a "crash", then as you watch the list of names of people that lost their lives, you see a friend or relitive that you didn't know was on it. How would you feel to know you wished for the outcome?
    Think about it

PHX ATC
    First off I havent even voted yet.
    Second EVERYONE has a sick side, I see it ever day at accident scenes
    Third I dont ever want to see anyone hurt, OK, ALMOST EVERYONE
    I was sitting on pins and needles watching this wishing nothing but the best...
    and hoping that it was an X-MILITARY PILOT IN THERE.
    Where I am coming from is......
    Every news channel had this live... The first second they were ok and no death and destruction, the news was almost IMMEDIATELY CUT....
    That would leave one to wonder
    News channels aren't for news, they are for entertainment. I do see your point.

Kilrtoy
    Dude, think if someone you cared about was on that plane, you wished for something as sick as seeing a "little more action' or a "crash", then as you watch the list of names of people that lost their lives, you see a friend or relitive that you didn't know was on it. How would you feel to know you wished for the outcome?
    Think about it
    Dont have to ALREADY BEEN THERE

PHX ATC
    I bet no one mentions the controllers in all of this.
    Not to get to sappy, but it helps to have a nice calm voice on the other end of the radio when things get dicey.
    That's the way we like it, to be honest, nary a mention.
    Calm, clear, and concise because everybody will analyze the shit out of the digital voice recordings and find fault somewhere...hence lawsuits.
    They cheated death again and that's a good landing.

LUVNLIFE
    We were down at Chuy's and when it landed safely everyone clapped and cheered. That was cool.

barbigrl
    I was at Marie Calenders, and saw it land!! Everyone was watching it!!

JetBoatRich
    who would like to see a plane crash :burningm:
    I was driving down Sepulveda Blvd under the run way about an hour prior to the landing, a lot of activity and rescue vehicles :supp:
    glad to hear it landed safe and nobod hurt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast