Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MORG seam ?'s

VD CRUISER
    Billy B, are you saying grind back about 2" on either side of the seam just deep enough to fill in with 2 or 3 layers of glass and "V" the actual gap so it can be filled up to the ground surfaces, with Cabisil, before glassing over the whole 4" wide area ? Is any more reinforcement required on the inside ?

BILLY.B
    VD CRUISER:
    Billy B, are you saying grind back about 2" on either side of the seam just deep enough to fill in with 2 or 3 layers of glass and "V" the actual gap so it can be filled up to the ground surfaces, with Cabisil, before glassing over the whole 4" wide area ? Is any more reinforcement required on the inside ? Exactly , and you don't have to reinforce the inside as it shuold have been glassed together at the factory. If not then you would have to glass the inside also. Good luck and if you need anything else let me know.

*NAPALM*
    OK GETTING THE CABOSIL WAS A TASK IN ITSELF BUT I GOT IT.
    ALSO GOT YARDS AND YARDS OF TAPE A SHIT LOAD OF RESIN AND GROUND ALL THE WAY TO THE GLASS ABOUT HOW DEEP SHOULD I GRIND INTO THE GLASS AND WHAT LENGTH STRIPS SHOULD I CUT OF TAPE AND WHAT IS THE MIX RATIO OF THE CABOSIL IT SAYS TO MIX TO DESIRED THICKNESS THATS IT.
    AND IM STILL PUNCHING OUT ALL THE DAMN RIVETS I WAS ALSO TOLD TO CHAMFER THE RIVET HOLES TO HOLD THE CABOSIL & RESIN BETTER.
    SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT IS WORTH IT.
    THANKS .
    SHERMAN

*NAPALM*
    pm at ya morg.

*NAPALM*
    new dilema when i ground out the little v groove the glass is seperating from the boat making the groove very wide what should i do grind out the seperate dpart and fill it in the apply the glass or should i cabosil the holes and glass it all the way out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12