Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carb Help

Fiat48
    NOT USING THAT CIRCUIT....THE PVS ARE BLOCKED...I WOULD RATHER NOT USE THE BOOST REF,MORE LINES TO ADD TO THE MESS..
    Then you must compensate for the loss of this circuit by jet size increase.
    But...since boost referencing is an excellent way to control part throttle operation...I wonder why not use that circuit as designed?
    Fact is...I am building a blown 541 for someone and having this circuit added for better driveability.

moparjet
    Then you must compensate for the loss of this circuit by jet size increase.
    But...since boost referencing is an excellent way to control part throttle operation...I wonder why not use that circuit as designed?
    Fact is...I am building a blown 541 for someone and having this circuit added for better driveability.
    WHEN I AM AT CRUZ (3500) IT HAS 1 TO 0 IN OF VACUMN...THE POWER VALVES WOULD BE OPEN ANYWAY...RIGHT..

Blown 472
    WHEN I AM AT CRUZ (3500) IT HAS 1 TO 0 IN OF VACUMN...THE POWER VALVES WOULD BE OPEN ANYWAY...RIGHT..
    Where are you taking the vacuum reading? have you pulled these carbs apart? or did you buy them and put them on?

moparjet
    i get my reading below the blower in the intake...i took them apart but did nothing mor than look...thought it was a goog base line but i was wrong...i got the new linkage rods today so i can take out the 1to1...and i am going to jet it down some, ijust dont know how much yet

i get my reading below the blower in the intake...i took them apart but did nothing mor than look...thought it was a goog base line but i was wrong...i got the new linkage rods today so i can take out the 1to1...and i am going to jet it down some, ijust dont know how much yet
    You are killing me chief, Maybe follow a little of the advice above. Ah screw it, just lean it 5 jets all the way around & see how she does. :idea:

moparjet
    i jetted down to 82 front and 90 rear...i found it to be 98 all the way around. does anybody know if those carbs come with the rear power valve blocked..i think they do but not sure...i must have misread the 98 for 86...take it out tommorow to test it..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123