Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracking Schiada history

lilrick
    Cool story. I met the original owner of my Howard while waiting in the launch line at Kathrines landing one weekend. I swear the guy and his wife were almost in tears when they saw it.
    ....take better care of it then!! Travis, your completed projected has inspired me to finish my tub!!

Schiada Time
    Glad I could help Lilrick. Now quit driving your keyboard and go turn some wrenches.
    Trav

DansBlown73Nordic
    I once bought a 1960 Cruisers INC wooden runabout. The boat was pretty much FIREWOOD!!!!! I bought it for $100. It was a mess. Holes in the deck. Full of rocks and all kinds of junk.
    I did a complete restoration on the boat. It took me about two years. It had new mahogany decking with about 20 coats a varnish. It looked brand new when it was done. I put a 1959 Mercury Direct reverse motor on it that was also restored.
    When it was all finished I got ahold of the 75 year old guy I bought it from. I took it to his house where the boat had sat in his back yard for 20 years. When he saw the boat he started crying like a baby.He could not believe what I did with his old boat.
    He told that for 20 years he had wanted to restore it but never had the time or the money. I have a picture of him standing in front of the boat. It was pretty COOL!!!!!

Schiada Time
    Great story DB73N. I'd really like to find the original owner if he is still around. It would be awesome to see pics from the 70's when the boat was new.
    Travis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12