Thread: No Cavitation Plate pedal?

dmontzsta
    I was looking at some pics of CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE's boat and he has a cav pedal and knob...I have a knob only...any difference?

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/499casale_pics-med.jpg[/img] This is my set up.

dmontzsta
    BUMPITY.
    Someones got to know...superdave or someone else of his intelligence
    Is there no difference? is it just another way to adjust it?

126driver
    That left pedal is the down pedal. It's for making instantaneous plate adjustments on the fly. The assembly is spring-loaded: pushing down on the pedal pushes the plates down. Ease up on the pedal and the plates go up. The T-handle sets the initial plate setting. Pulling back on the handle drops the plates and limits the up-travel. Some boats have a secondary "up" pedal, but that's a completely different story. wink

dmontzsta
    so basically the pedal still does the same thing, just a bit faster?

GofastRacer
    dmontzsta:
    so basically the pedal still does the same thing, just a bit faster? You would be surprised how hard it is to pull that handle back to pull the plate down at speed, besides who wants to do that when you're haulin ass!. And think about it, as you're going along and you see the need to plate it, do you think you could reach down and pull the handle quicker than you could push the pedal??... eek!

Cole Sanger
    That is for sure. I second what RiverRacer said. I haven't been around for that long, but I can say that my boat had just the handle and I plan to get a pedal for adjustment when it goes back together. It is hard to take one hand off the steering wheel to reach down and find a handle that in my case you have to push down and then move forward or reverse in order to adjust the cavitation plate. If you have the choice, I would have to say get a pedal.

BGMAN203
    I would strongly recommend getting a pedal with a lock out handle. That way you won't be pushing the plate down the whole time you are cruising...skiing or whatever.