Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: ***boat for cancer

CARLSON-JET
    Welcome to the team, Carlsonjet. Thank you for joining us.
    Not only do you have excellent taste in boats, you are a philanthropist as well.
    This thing is really a cinderella story at this point. I thought we'd be lucky to get to around 1000. Not only are we now ranked 699 out of over 85000 teams, we are still climbing.
    To put that into perspective, we are now in the 99 percentile. I would imagine there are a lot of dead teams with members who haven't turned in a work unit in a long time in the extreme lower ranks but even at that, we are rocking the folding house.

Thanks Tom, I really meant to join sooner but didn't.
    I appreciate the warm welcome to the distributed computing group here on H.B
    Carlsonjet is cranking em out man. His one machine is is twice as fast with the WUs than my two dedicated machines.
    I know it's not a contest, but gawddamn what chew runnin ovah thar ?
    T.
    Well it went like this. I read that the PS3 could really crank out the WUs. That being noted (and me being cheap) I pulled out the old Atari system, fired up the prom-chip burner then cracked open an old atari cartridge. With a bout of intense code writing and a little fusion of Folding@home v.05.000a1, some superglue and a few trips to radio shack the "system" was up and running. The VHf signal is fed into the garage TV and out to my Highly prized quadraphonic sound system ( I think this is really making it "spin the yarn") which is of course plugged into the wall receptical. This in turn sends the signal to my powerline USB adapter. It features a 14 Mbps transfer rate and 56-bit DES encryption, so my nosy neighbors can't intercept our WUs. My system further connects to my Commodore 64 so I can keep a tight tally on the points. Look out Hooli.. I'm shooting for ya buddy, and Hanson is on my radar. On a side note.. Does anyone remember what toggle on the Atari made it go into turbo mode when flickered a few times? I really want to crank this thing up to max boost. :devil:

Jordy
    My computer at home must have crashed. I am only folding on this machine. Denise is going to fix things when she gets home. I am not sure how much folding I'll get done from Australia.
    No wonder I was opening that gap back up. You've been on fire!!!

Cheap Thrills
    Well it went like this. I read that the PS3 could really crank out the WUs. That being noted (and me being cheap) I pulled out the old Atari system, fired up the prom-chip burner then cracked open an old atari cartridge. With a bout of intense code writing and a little fusion of Folding@home v.05.000a1, some superglue and a few trips to radio shack the "system" was up and running. The VHf signal is fed into the garage TV and out to my Highly prized quadraphonic sound system ( I think this is really making it "spin the yarn") which is of course plugged into the wall receptical. This in turn sends the signal to my powerline USB adapter. It features a 14 Mbps transfer rate and 56-bit DES encryption, so my nosy neighbors can't intercept our WUs. My system further connects to my Commodore 64 so I can keep a tight tally on the points. Look out Hooli.. I'm shooting for ya buddy, and Hanson is on my radar. On a side note.. Does anyone remember what toggle on the Atari made it go into turbo mode when flickered a few times? I really want to crank this thing up to max boost. :devil:
    Oh for fůcks sakes.
    Being a machine designed for WIP I can see a PS3 doing well with folding. :idea:
    T.

OGShocker
    No wonder I was opening that gap back up. You've been on fire!!!
    Not that this was a competition, but it was fun watching you squirm!
    I am offline until I get back from down under.

CARLSON-JET
    I didn't go back and check all the pages for this info but this link was on the @home is updating page just a few minutes ago.
    http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=76936
    It shows some interesting stats that the @home doesn't show.

Jordy
    I didn't go back and check all the pages for this info but this link was on the @home is updating page just a few minutes ago.
    http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=76936
    It shows some interesting stats that the @home doesn't show.
    Wow, that is a pretty cool site as far as nerdy statistics go.

CARLSON-JET
    Wow, that is a pretty cool site as far as nerdy statistics go.
    So we made it to the 500's ... look what you started sorrydog... good job

Anyone else experiencing lost work units for the smp clients?

OGShocker
    I have not noticed but, I will keep better track of them from now on...

572Daytona
    Seem to be ok for me, I'm still plodding along at the same pace I've been for awhile now. I noticed that you've really cranked it up a few notches though, you should be passing by me pretty soon. And congrats to Forensic for passing the half a million point milestone.
    Not sure what happened to TB though, he's been inactive for a while, unless he's logging his points under leibniz.