Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What type of intake gaskets should I use?

  1. #1
    I am finally getting around to working on my boat, trying to get it ready for 4th of july weekend. I got the motor apart and found my leak on the intake (Olds 350). I have read that I should stay away from the valley pan and use fiber gaskets with my aluminum intake. Well, the gaskets I got are Felpro's but they are a two piece metal gaskets. Should I use these or should I return them and go for the fiber? What gasket manufacturer make fiber intake gaskets for the olds motors?

  2. #2
    Jet City
    I'm not an Olds guy, but I like using Mr. Gasket intake gaskets, I just get the standard gaskets (not ultra seal), they work great on my BBC's and BBF's. I use clear RTV around the water ports and a bead on the front and back areas, nothing grosser than blue or copper silicone spooged all over an engine.

Similar Threads

  1. Intake gaskets
    By SED253 in forum Gear Heads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 03:35 AM
  2. blower intake gaskets
    By Badburn in forum Gear Heads
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 07:32 PM
  3. felpro intake gaskets
    By shaun in forum Gear Heads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 06:18 AM
  4. What type of head gaskets should I use?
    By delusional502 in forum Gear Heads
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 12:20 AM
  5. what type of intake
    By 460 jus getn it in forum Gear Heads
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-20-2002, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts