Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F150 Performance??

pw_Tony
    I am not sure about the 07's. But I know for the '04 s and up they are supposed to be th weakest full size truck on the market(not including the honda). I have driven a few, and never had a complaignt really. But according to every car and driver and many other magazines they are the weakest compared to the Titan, Dodge, and Chevy, even Toyota

H2O
    F150 & Performance...Two words that go together like Sunni's & Shiite's.

BowTie Rick
    http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/63-2556.pdf
    NOTE: not a spam just trying to help.

Cole Trickle
    http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/63-2556.pdf
    NOTE: not a spam just trying to help.
    Nice gain considering it was a tad bit warmer and no difference in correction factor
    Do you guys do all your dynos with the hood shut fan pointed at the grill(Thats what we set as protocol at magnaflow)?
    Still need to hook up with you on something for the goat

BowTie Rick
    I wouldn't call it shut but it's not wide open either. We got a new dyno that similates hills, towing and the like; dynamic measuring or something. Anyway, this thing is waaaay more acurate then the other 2. They have wires coming out from under the hood reading fuel trim numbers and god knows what so typically the hood is cracked open a bit. They have smog test probes in the tail pipe as well. Simply saying "up to xx HP" or quoting a big number from a fluke run are what some others might do but that simply hurts everyone in the automotive aftermarket. Consumers start feeling ripped off and the whole industry suffers for it. The best one I hear now is "filters down to 1 micron". A chain link fence will do that too if the dirt hits it just right. This "dry" media is another example of crappola being offered as something new and improved but that's a whole other story.

dmontzsta
    I have an 07 F150 w/ 5.4 3:55 gears, I recently pulled a 21' (Full of 40 gallons), 5 people, A/C rocking, with no problems.

Wet Dream
    Edge Performance!!!! Get the tuner, total custom control. I have the 06 5.4 with 3.73's and the Edge GREATLY reduces the throttle lag and increases the performance. I don't think you'll be disappointed. In fact, I know you wont.

Zaairman
    www.F150online.com But... If you haven't bought a truck yet, make sure it has 3.73 gears. 3.55s will do good, but, you'll like the 3.73s better. As for mods:
    Chip - Edge Evolution or XCalII tuned by Troyer Performance (www.troyerperformance.com).
    Intake - Just don't get a cheap ebay one. K&N, AF1, etc. Think name brand.
    Exhaust - Get whatever you think sounds good. I had Flowmaster 40 Series on my F-150 and loved it. My F-150 also had 3.55s, 4.6 motor, Edge Evo, and a K&N intake. Had a Superchips tune on it (canned), it blew.
    As for the F-150s being weak... :sqeyes: HA! Who currently has the highest tow rating in the 1/2 tons? Sure, others have more power. Hook up a trailer to them and then see who wins. Also, when it comes to modding your truck, it's hard to beat the aftermarket for the F-150...
    And did I see somebody in here call the Ridgeline a full sized truck?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12