Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for Camera people....Help.....

Tom Brown
    This is an invitation to all that have the "junk" 40D's to send them to me!!!!
    If I had one, you could have it.
    Hey... I've not used a 40D yet but I've spent some time behind a 30D and I had a 20D for a while. I enjoy the entire Canon dSLR line, right down to the little Rebel XT. I've seen some serious photography done with an XT.
    The difference in image quality between a Canon 5D and the lowest end eVolt is shockingly small under most circumstances. Any dSLR can take great pictures. The performance differences are only of interest to professionals and hard core amateurs. Casual users who buy pimp cameras are only benefiting from the bling aspect and, even then, that benefit only lasts about 5 minutes until the next great new body comes along.
    Here's a shot taken with my K100D. It's a near-night shot with over 1 second exposuresand ISO 800. I've always lusted the 5D because of it's noise profile but the K100D is almost identical, in terms of dynamic range and low noise performance.
    http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrow...wascana-ss.jpg

Sleeper CP
    You can get the D80 and most likely use all of your old lenses. The D40 can use the old lense but will not autofocus
    Thanks to all for the info , much appreciated.
    The use of two lenses that I already have may make the choice easier.
    Thanks for this info.
    If I had one, you could have it.
    Hey... I've not used a 40D yet but I've spent some time behind a 30D and I had a 20D for a while. I enjoy the entire Canon dSLR line, right down to the little Rebel XT. I've seen some serious photography done with an XT.
    The difference in image quality between a Canon 5D and the lowest end eVolt is shockingly small under most circumstances. Any dSLR can take great pictures. The performance differences are only of interest to professionals and hard core amateurs. Casual users who buy pimp cameras are only benefiting from the bling aspect and, even then, that benefit only lasts about 5 minutes until the next great new body comes along.
    Here's a shot taken with my K100D. It's a near-night shot with over 1 second exposuresand ISO 800. I've always lusted the 5D because of it's noise profile but the K100D is almost identical, in terms of dynamic range and low noise performance.
    http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrow...wascana-ss.jpg
    Brown thanks for the info. That is a beautiful picture. If I go the Nikon route
    I just need to get the highest pixel count I can afford, it would seem?
    Edit : Brown the K100D is 10.2 MP (mega pixels) ?
    Thanks again to all the posted with info.
    Sleeper CP

Baja Big Dog
    Thanks to all for the info , much appreciated.
    The use of two lenses that I already have may make the choice easier.
    Thanks for this info.
    Brown thanks for the info. That is a beautiful picture. If I go the Nikon route
    I just need to get the highest pixel count I can afford, it would seem?
    Thanks again to all the posted with info.
    Sleeper CP
    Disagree, its not a pixel count battle, some of the little pocket cameras do 10 plus, not many people need wall size prints.
    Go for the features, Tom likes the noise issues, I like the fast turn on times, and the rapid fire capabilities, I need a camera to be ready to shoot right now, and be able to take more action shots to filter through to get the picture that I want. It all depends on the type of pictures you are gonna take. Ill take a 30D, and a 40D to the desert with different lens to be ready for any shots that come by!!

Sleeper CP
    Baja Thanks,
    But is there a huge difference between a 6.1 to 10.2 mega pixel picture say
    like a Hydro at Firebird shot from 60 yards away with a 200 mm lens ?
    Or is it to small of a difference to not worry about ?
    Nikon D40 6.1 MP or Nikon D40x 10.2 MP
    Sleeper CP

77charger
    Baja Thanks,
    But is there a huge difference between a 6.1 to 10.2 mega pixel picture say
    like a Hydro at Firebird shot from 60 yards away with a 200 mm lens ?
    Or is it to small of a difference to not worry about ?
    Nikon D40 6.1 MP or Nikon D40x 10.2 MP
    Sleeper CP
    I still havea 10d which is a 6.3 pixel and a 20d which is a 8.1 pixel On 13x19 print no real noticable difference,Glass is everything on canons get L glass you will see the difference in sharpness.
    Also knowing how to use the camera is another plus there are alot of peeps buying dslrs these days who "think they need a 40d" when they only leave the camera in auto mode.And wonder my my 10d with L glass gets better pictures.1400 dollar cameras and 100 dollar lense go figure
    I aint familiar with nikons and their equivelent lenses.but get one that can use all the good nikon lenses like the upper models so if you do upgrade in the future.

Pete454
    Taken with a Canon 1D MK II, sigma 50-500 zoom
    http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...freddytwm3.jpg
    Taken with a Canon Rebel xt same lense
    http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...y/IMG_0869.jpg

Pete454

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12